See all our latest scheduled yoga and yoga anatomy workshops, retreats and events at:
and online workshops here: http://yogaanatomyacademy.com/shop/
Signature Yoga Workshops:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule one of these workshops at your studio. (We can provide graphics for your posters and social media images for each of these workshops.)
– Way of the Happy Fascia
– Chaturanga Clinic
– Way of the Happy Sacrum
– Way of the Happy Hips
– Posterior Chain Awakening
– Core wisdom Ignition
– Supple, Stable, and Centered: Yoga for LumboPelvic stability
– Spacious Side Body
– Goddess and the GrassHopper
– Conquer Headstand
– Bakasana Like a Boss
– Breath Medicine: Pranayama the Kripalu Way
– Juice the Flow (on Vinyasa Transitions)
– Maha Kali Namaskar
– Forearm Flight
– Principles of Intelligent Sequencing
SERIES: Yoga 108: Advance Your Practice series includes: Chaturanga Clinic, Bakasana Like a Boss, Conquer Headstand, Juice the Flow and Forearm Flight , the combination of which helps transition students from beginner or all levels classes to intermediate or more advanced classes
Anatomy workshops through Yoga Anatomy Academy:
– Lumbar Spine, SI Joints and Pelvis (3 hrs minimum)
– Healthy Hips (at least 2 hours)
– Sequencing for Happy Sacrums
– Way of the Happy Shoulders (at least 2 hours)
– Wrist Revival (2 hours)
– Knees and Toes (at least 2 hours)
– Anatomy-based Sequencing (3 hours minimum)
– Anatomy or yoga therapy topic of your choice (any body part, body system, injury category or condition)
– Hypermobility and Yoga Talk – 1 hour offering
Juice the Flow:
– Juice the Flow was pretty awesome. Totally changed the way I moving between the poses. And updog… wow!
Pranayama the Kripalu Way:
– thank you so much for such a great practice at YogaJam. I could have thought of no better way to begin my day. 🙂
Available for Online Purchase (on YogaAnatomyAcademy.com):
Friday, 20 July 2018 5:42 pm
Enjoy this FREE Recording on Pain, Yoga and Fascia :: Act fast to snag the last spots for Baltimore Yoga Village tomorrow – https://mailchi.mp/e09b0db04521/zlltmkvwt4-2888477
Wednesday, 18 July 2018 5:40 pm
I learned this pose, Krishna’s Crescent, from one of my teachers: @siannasherman. it’s a very sweet side body get-to-know-er that gets us out of the sagittal plane.
– THIS SATURDAY @BaltimoreYogaVillage (Fall’s Road) 2 workshops: “Fluidity and Fascia” and “Posterior Chain Awakening” – come join! It’s also @artscapebmore wknd!!
– Labor Day Weekend: 2 workshops @Floydyogajam in Willis, VA (Southwest part of the state)
– Sept 9th, I’ll be running Way of the Happy Fascia in DC again (sign up coming soon). This is a don’t-miss. Many people re-take it because they feel so frigging good afterward)
– Sept 29th full day of workshops at @ProjectYogaRichmond! Sustainable Spine Therapeutics and Hip Therapeutics. Can’t wait to share these new workshops with you guys
– November…it’s looking like I’ll be teaching in Pittsburgh PA, Lexington VA and Charlottesville. Excited!
– Last but not least (by far) my NEW YEAR’s YOGA and MYOFASCIAL STUDIES RETREAT is going to be THE BOMB. Beachfront, eco-retreat, locally grown / locally sourced amazeballs food on the beaches of Colombia. sleep to the lulling sound of waves lapping.
– Any other requests? Location? Topics? I’m here for you.
Duds by #kiragrace / @kiragraceyoga
Dr. Ariele Foster – Yoga and Physical Therapy is with KiraGrace and Ariele Foster.
Wednesday, 4 July 2018 8:33 am
Happy birthday, dear country. May you return to your original intent of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of justice for all.
Dear fellow Americans, TODAY is a great day to make sure your voter registration is up to date. Go to http://vote.gov or http://rockthevote.com to make sure you are prepared for Tuesday November 6th (or your local primary if it has yet to happen).
DCers: I’m teaching therapeutics at noon today at YogaWorks 14th St NW. Class is just 45 minutes so it won’t interfere with your barbecue plans! On the menu: shoulders. See you there.
Monday, 2 July 2018 5:29 pm
I’ve been getting so much great feedback on this video I created “Cranky Hips Therapy”. THis is for you if you feel like your hips are “tight”, snapping, popping or not feeling symmetrical.
Tuesday, 26 June 2018 7:09 pm
“Yoga is not a Cure-All — My second request would be that we reconsider using the phrase “yoga for ________(fill in the blank with whatever pathophysiology or health problem you want to address).” This phrase pigeonholes yoga as a panacea for anything and everything. Using this phrase inherently marginalizes yoga’s full meaning, divorcing it from its philosophy and real capacity for healing and well-being. Additionally, it can lead people to believe that their yoga teacher can “cure” or address a problem simply through a drop-in yoga class setting, which is misleading and inaccurate. A person with depression or low back pain may be helped by a yoga class, but it is not a panacea or a substitute or comprehensive medical care.” love this quote and article from Dr. Ginger Garner, DPT, ATC
Dr. Ariele Foster – Yoga and Physical Therapy added a new photo.
Wednesday, 20 June 2018 9:02 pm
“If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention” (quote source unknown) AND if you are not living fully and joyfully, to the best of your capacity, while speaking up and acting on behalf of those who are not able to speak or act (to the best of your capacity — including for mother earth)…you are doing it wrong.
You do not have to be perpetually cheery (in fact, please do not attempt this).
But intentional suppression of your natural state: JOY, actually dishonors those whose freedoms have been taken away.
You do not have to hold your fist high 24/7, but if you choose to, let it be because you are dancing…righteously.
I pass this mutated wisdom on from teachers much more skillful than me (including, but not limited to Keith #thecacaoshaman, the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hahn, and Elizabeth Gilbert) in honor of my younger, totally confused self.
#mysticalyogafarm #aerialyoga #aerialsilks #spiritualactivism
Wednesday, 20 June 2018 10:41 am
My friend Francesca Cervero was kind enough to invite me back on to her podcast “The Mentor Sessions” to demystify hip pain and injuries and to share our own experiences with labral tears. This is a fabulous, educational podcast for all yoga teachers, and really important for those of you dealing with hip popping, cracking, snapping, crackling…whatever adjectives you use to describe the sounds coming from your hips! Let me know if you have more hip questions. We can always do a Part 2 or work it into a blog.
Monday, 18 June 2018 12:29 am
I’m normally someone with immense drive and will to do/create/work. But the last few weeks have been heavy. Heavy to hear of suicide in the news. Heavy to imagine the terror of young children and families at the border. Heavy to learn today of a beloved neighbor’s sudden death. Heavy to know my partner has been dealing with pain. And heavy dealing with my own resurfacing of old trauma. I’ve been struggling to get energy to rise from the couch at times – a feeling I haven’t known in a decade or so.(But for sure have known well). Lest you or anyone think my life (or anyone’s life) is all yoga poses and glamour shots, remember we are all in this boat together. No one is immune. Tomorrow is a new day, and a new opportunity to train our hearts and minds toward more joy and compassion and better understanding. Sleep tight. #holdeachothertight #ifeelalittlebad #itsok #therealyoga
Sunday, 17 June 2018 3:17 pm
There are a million reasons to stop procrastinating and go see a physical therapist. One BIG one: You don’t need a PT prescription in the District of Columbia. That’s right, you don’t have to see your primary care doctor, then an orthopedic surgeon, then get an MRI. You can simply…book…
In fact, you can book ONLINE, with me, and get in in about a week (or often less time!). The physical therapy degree is now a doctorate and PTs are trained to be front-line providers. (If you don’t see your ideal time, or you would like to be seen earlier, you can also add yourself to the wait list for other days).
My small PT clinic is directly across from the National Zoo, a short walk from either Woodley Park or Cleveland Park metro stops.
Our Intake forms are also completed online.
While we are out of network for all insurance companies, our invoices contain all of the information you need to submit for reimbursement, when possible. We also accept FSA and HSA cards.
Don’t hesitate to email with other questions: email@example.com
Dr. Ariele Foster – Yoga and Physical Therapy was at Gitana del Mar.
Thursday, 14 June 2018 1:57 pm
This eco-Villa, Gitana del Mar, awaits us for the most magical New Year’s week. Join me on the pristine Caribbean beaches of Colombia for my next retreat, which combines yoga and Myofascial Release.
This getaway is unique and a true retreat, while still being an adventure.
Join me for a week of restoration of our bodies and of our hearts and spirits as we travel to Tayrona National Natural Park and soak in the incredible beauty and flavors of the land and sea.